Comfortable. That's a comforting word, huh. Just thinking about the word makes me immediately think of things that give me comfort. Lazy boy recliner, hammock with a nice cool breeze, etc.
But today I am thinking about comfortable in a totally different way. Comfortable can sometimes get us into trouble. Comfortable can sometimes cause us to become lazy or complacent in our spiritual lives. It's VERY difficult at times to get away from our comfortable things when God calls us to do something that is out of our comfort zones. Do you have a comfort zone? Of course you do. Everyone does. We all have comfort zones. We know our limits to the edge of that zone. We know things that try to break into our zones. We are the warriors of keeping our life within that zone.
What happens when the Lord speaks to our hearts and the plans He has for us challenge us to step out of or away from that comfort zone? Our initial reaction is to defend that zone and make excuses or reasons why we cannot leave that comfort zone. But as the Spirit speaks to our hearts, we began to realize that we MUST step out of that comfort zone to be obedient to our King, our Lord, our Savior, our Father.
I can think of some many things that if the Lord called me to do, I would be stepping out of my comfort zone. I feel like I am ready to step. I feel like I am ready to leap. I am learning each new day that He is my ultimate. He's my provider, my guide and source of strength. Whatever He wants me to do, we will give me what I need to get it done.
What about you? What is the Lord speaking to your heart about right now that is challenging you to step out of your comfort zone? Following the Lord won't always be comfortable.
Britt Nicole's Song, "Walk on the Water" sums this up. The song says,
You look around
It's staring back at you
Another wave of doubt
Will it pull you under
You wonder
What if I'm overtaken
What if I never make it
What if no one's there?
Will you hear my prayer?
When you take that first step
Into the unknown
You know that he won't let you go
Chorus:
So what are you waiting for?
What do you have to lose?
Your insecurities try to alter you
You know you're made for more
So don't be afraid to move
Your faith is all
It takes and you can
Walk on the water too
Verse 2:
So get out
And let
Your fear fall to the ground
No time to waste
Don't wait
Don't you turn around and miss out
Everything you were made for
I know you're not sure
So you play it safe
Try to run away
If you take that first step
Into the unknown
He won't let you go
(chorus)
Bridge:
(step out)
Even when its storming
(step out)
Even when you're broken
(step out)
Even when your heart is telling you telling you to give up
(step out)
When your hope is stolen
(step out)
You can't see where you're going
You don't have to be afraid
Step out of comfortable and FOLLOW HIM today! <><
No comments:
Post a Comment