What consumes your mind from the time you wake up until the time you lay your head down on the pillow? Have you ever really stopped to think about all the things that cross your mind in a day?
Think about it for just a minute...
...Am I awake on time? ...What clothes should I wear? ...What time do I need to leave? ...What do I feel like eating for breakfast? Should I do my Bible Study now or later? ...Did I grab everything I need before I walk out of this door? ...Do I have my keys? All the thoughts of seeings as you drive to work. What are my priorities for this day? ...What comes first and what needs to be done before I leave today? ...What's for lunch? All the thoughts of business and work related tasks. People you talk to and their stories. ...Did I finish everything that MUST be done today? ...Do I have everything I need to take home with me? ...What's for dinner? ...What's on our schedule for tonight? ...Ballgames? ...Work around the house? ...Event or function? ...Did I spend time with my family? ...Did I show them and tell them that I love them today? ...Did I finish all my things around the house that needed to be done? ...Did I return all my phone calls and texts I was suppose to respond to today? ON and ON and ON!
Our minds can be FULL of thoughts in just one day. But the big question is... Who are we letting control our thoughts?
The Bible says in Psalm 119:9-11, "How can a young man keep his way pure? By living according to your word. I seek you with all my heart; do not let me stray from your commands. I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you."
Our purpose on this earth is NOT to simply live day to day just to get by. Our God, Our Creator has designed us for bigger things. He wants to use us EACH day to further His Kingdom. In my own life, each morning, I am trying to wake up and the very first thing I am trying to think on is, "LORD, thank your for the rest you gave me. Thanks for this brand new day. How do you want to use me today? What on YOUR agenda for me today."
When we find ourselves just going through day after day just to survive...that's not the life God intended for us. He wants our life to sing.
For those that have began a relationship with Jesus Christ and you have trust Him to be the ruler and guide of your life...realize that our old self and old ways are gone. Live each day with a fresh lease on life. Realizing that your Creator purposed you to great things EACH day. When you wake up let your attitude sing a song of praise to our King. Let your attitude at work and around your family sing a song of love and thanksgiving. Let your life sing today!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment