For I can do NOTHING on my own. All that I do and accomplish for the Kingdom is because of the power of the Holy Spirit living in me. 2 Peter 1:3 says, "His divine power has given us everything required for life and godliness through the knowledge of Him who called us by His own glory and goodness." We cannot live this Christian life on our own. It is impossible! Sometimes I've fallen into the trap of believe that if I only read more of His Word, pray harder, do more for Him that I can do great things for the Kingdom. But in all reality...I can do NOTHING without him.
The RELATIONSHIP that I have with Him is where the power is found. And how I treat that relationship is what determines how I grow or stay where I'm at. When we spend time with Him in prayer and bible study and obedience, that's where the power is found. That is where we become more like Christ. And the coolest part about that, it's also where we get to experience true living. We see fruits of the spirit being lived out in our lives. We see God do great things that we cannot even explain. He doesn't call us to be more Christ-like and then leave us out in the middle of the desert. He gives us His Spirit to fight against evil and to follow in obedience.
"Will God ever ask you to do something you are not able to do? The answer is yes--all the time! It must be that way, for God's glory and kingdom. If we function according to our ability alone, we get the glory; if we function according to the power of the Spirit within us, God gets the glory. He wants to reveal Himself to a watching world." ~Henry Blackaby
Let the Lord be revealed in our lives today!!
No comments:
Post a Comment