Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Not Mine but His

It's so difficult each day to remember that this day is not your own.  The offering that we have to give to the Lord is the very LIFE that He gave to us.  With each new day there are many battles that I seem to face to give it ALL to the Lord.  So many times it is so much easier to do it my way and the way that would make me happier (so I think). Yet no matter what life throws at me, I constantly have to stop and say, "I am living for my King, not myself.  What would you have me do Lord? What would you have me say Father?"

Living for a King is no easy task.  Yet the rewards and blessings of serving a King are unexplainable.

I get the honor of teaching students about the Word of God.  I am a Student Pastor at Harbor Church in Oologah, Oklahoma.  It's pronounced (oo-luh-gah).  We hear some pretty funny pronunciations of this town.  But I get the privilege of sharing God's word with groups of students and watching the Lord work in their lives.

Each week as I prepare for the message I am constantly asking my Father what I should teach and how I should teach it.  I NEVER want to have my own agenda.  I only want to teach what He lays on my heart.  I am looking forward to tonight.  He has lay it on my heart to talk with the students about getting rid of idols.  We ALL have idols at times in our lives that sneak in on us and stick around for a while before we realize what they actually have become.  Anything can be an idol if it takes priority or place of our Lord and Savior.  Television, Sports, Family Time, etc.  Things that we spend A LOT of time doing can easily become an idol to us and we don't even realize it.

I challenge you today as I challenge myself.  Do a life inventory and see if there are any idols hanging around.  The Word of God says "Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting," Psalm 139:23-24.  Sometimes we get all wrapped up in life and all the while God is trying to get us to slow down and take a look a few things.

As He has blessed us with this new day.  Let us fix our eyes on Him and surrender all we've got to our King!

No comments:

Post a Comment