Wow...2009? I cannot believe that I started this blog so long ago and I am just now returning to it. Ha! That's crazy.
I am trying to get better at using technology to reach out and share the love of Christ is whatever way that I can. I am no expert at this nor do I try to be. I just want to KNOW Jesus and to make JESUS KNOWN.
I was reading my devotionals this morning and the Lord really spoke to my heart. The title of one of the messages was TOMORROW. It said that the word "tomorrow" was the most dangerous word. Reasons being that most people, including myself, use that word to get out of something or to procrastinate. We say, "O we'll do it later or tomorrow or the next day." And then we never end up doing anything at all. It went on to say that, "Today is the manna, the evidence of God's presence with us, a precious gift!" I had to ask myself, "Do I really treat this day as a precious gift?" I don't think I have been. I think that I look at each day as a chore. I have a list a things that I need, or so I think I need, to get accomplished and finished. Then I check out after work and go home and spend time with my family.
This morning I think I got it. I think the light bulb really came alive for me. I have a purpose for this day. I have a reason to be alive THIS day. I am NOT guaranteed tomorrow. My devotional said, "Yesterday is a cancelled check, tomorrow is a payment on loan. TODAY is the only cash you have, so spend it wisely." Wow, what truth!! I want to spend this day as if it were my last. I know that's hard to do because I certainly wouldn't be at work if I knew it were my last. But I have to give each moment of my time to the Lord. Using my gifts and talents and skills to honor the Lord.
My prayer is that the Lord would be glorified in all the I say and do today. I pray that my attitude be pleasing to Him. According to the Word of God, "May the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be pleasing to You Oh God." God bless your day!
No comments:
Post a Comment